miércoles, 26 de junio de 2013

Trail Bliss

Howdy,

It's been three weeks almost out on the trail and already feeling like the wild outdoors is my home. I am 1/10th through this journey so far with miles behind me. Moments last forever out here, but days just seem to fly by.  I am so grateful that I still have 9/10 of mountain views, awesome campsites to get to, and millions of footsteps ahead of me to follow.  My body is getting stronger by the day and I am pulling back to back 20-22 miles a day no big deal. Pretty soon my legs will be tree trunks and my glutes so hard it will apparently hurt to roll over in my sleeping bag. Despite my stomach getting used to dehyrdated meals and loads of energy bars, my feet are blister free and body is ready to get going every morning (knock on wood). Everyday is completely different than the next out here. The desert is nothing like I expected. We go from arid low brush hot as hell climates to higher alpine pine forests. I have passed thru 20 mile of no water downhill stretches at 115 degrees and then huge climbs up to 9000 feet in rainy fog. There are definetly low moments out there, but the challenge of the trail, the beauty of the sites, and all the trail love keeps me going.  The trail magic is so amazing and really had reinstalled my hope in humanity. Every few days I get blessed with trail angels picking me up on the roads and driving me into town, love seats on the side of the trail to rest on, coolers of soda and beer under highways (a Mountain Dew never tasted so good after miles in a frickin sand box), foot soaks, free pie for hikers, and houses to crash at with laundry showers and food! Right now I am at PApa Smurf and Mt Mama's house in big bear city hanging out with other awesome hikers eating sloppy joes and eggs for breakfast watching people make ultra light camp shoes out of stings and insoles and loin clothes made from random cloth found in the gold mine hiker box. I have met amazing people out here, new ones everyday. New friends named Lt. Dan, dirt bag, the chosen one, rain maker, not my dad, band leader, shark rider, stealth, white lighting, and sarge. Such great people from all walks of life coming together all for the same love of being outside and adventuring. Miles pass and town days are so fun talking to folks and finding out their stories. If this trail remains like it has been the last three weeks, I can't imagine I will every want to leave this style of living.

Got to go foot soak and eat more delicious town food to load up on calories before hitting the trail again today. 30 miles till deep creek hot springs where friend jake Kramarz will hike in some sushi for me!

I am so grateful for all the support I have from everyone off trail. Will try to keep writing and keeping u posted!

Much love,
Drop Bizkit

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario