domingo, 13 de marzo de 2011

Small World

My sister studied abroad in Tena five years ago, which is why I went there in the first place. She told me it was a beautiful entry point into the jungle. So, today i went on a search for my sisters home stay. With the shitty directions and map that my sister drew out for me, I wondered around the early morning streets of Tena. She said the house was right next door to a corner store. I was mildly thrown off for a while cuase the corner store turned into a restaurant in these last years, but i eventually ask this big fat women standing in her doorway if she knew a man named Luis (that was the name of her father). I thought it would be a shot in the dark cause everyone is named Luis here, but it was spot on! Luis was her husband, and the fat women in the doorway was the host mom. She did what all good host moms do and offered me fresh squeezed juice and fresh bread she just baked. We sat and chatted for a while about the changes that have happened in the last 5 years since my sister has been there (ie. Her 4 baby nephews and the cabin they are building is finally completed). They totally remembered my sister and it was super great to know that she had made a little impression on this family. The world is so small. I love it.

I am off to Colombia tomorrow. Good thing i already sold my load of cocaine off to buyers this week so I wont get stopped at the sketchy border!

1 comentario: