martes, 8 de marzo de 2011

Adrenalina

It has been a while since I have written. I find myself always arriving and always departing that there has been few moments to sit down and blog. I finally have time after 3 weeks to wash my disgustingly dirty and wet clothes.

My first stop in Ecuador was this place called Banos. Banos is known for its ecotourism and its crazy fun packed excursions you can take. It is set among beautiful mountains (Ecuador is sooo green!) with hot baths everywhere and cheap massages. I did not do a massage, but I did meet this Canadian chick who got a chocolate massage and had an anal cleanse. I was jealous cause she smelled of chocolate and had very clean bowels. And all I did was go into these really dirty green colored hot baths that were loaded with locals and not relaxing at all.

In Banos I repelled down waterfalls, went on the longest zipline in ecuador, biked to waterfalls, and jumped off this huge bridge. I nearly peed myself when I jumped off. You pretty much just show up to this bridge, pay the random dude 15 bucks US, get strapped in, and jump. No paper signing, no contact information provided, nothing. It was so latin america. The scariest part of all was the fact that you have to jump off completely on your own. And the human mind (at least mine) is not built to just want to jump off really really high things. So the only reason i was really able to jump was becuase there were all these other tourists watching me and i didnt want to look like a pussy.

In Banos I met this canadian chick who was a super crazy girl. She works on a private yacht for this wealthy jew, and is a professional skydiver. so when she jumped off the bridge she was like dododooo this is nothing. it was kinda annoying cuase i was shitting myself out of fear and she was saying it was too short of a rope. she also always talked about her 5 million ecuadorian lovers that she has met in quito and montantita (this beach town she is living in). Whatever. I ended up getting some drinks with her a couple of nights and travelling with her to quito.

I also met this junior from puget sound who was doing WOOF (farming volunteering) in this community near banos. I am pretty sure actually that he is the same guy that emailed me on my WOOF account when i was thinking about doing it. wierd coincidence. We spent a couple of nights hanging out with him and the women that owns the farm. She is the awesome women named Linda from Florida who moved to Ecuador 16 years ago and built this beautiful log cabin in the middle of the jungle. She claims online that she has a farm to volunteer on, but it seemed to me that the only thing she was growing was weed. Her ex-husband, who has a giant mustache, has been visiting her for months now in Ecuador. I could barely understand anything that he was saying to me. We went out to dinner with her and all these other random gringo families that she knows that live around Banos. It seems like there are these pockets of gringo communities all over Ecuador. Lots more americans here then I thought. So maybe some day I will do what Linda did and move to South America, build a log cabin, and hang out at cafes with the locals and other gringo families who are just as crazy as i will be.


Linda also enlightened me on the best sandwich idea ever: grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. like a grilled cheese, but with peanut butter and jelly (you could also add nutella or bananas if desired). put some butter or oil in a pan and put the peanut butter and jelly sandwihc on the pan. easy and delicious.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario